FES Subsea supplies first part of final delivery to Jangkrik Project30th June 2017
FES Subsea, a global provider of fluid transfer systems and part of the FES group, has begun the third and final delivery of new equipment to the Eni Muara Bakau B.V. Jangkrik Complex Development project, located 70km off the coast of Makassar Strait, Indonesia.
The multi-million dollar contract, which was awarded to FES last June, involves launching multiple Pig Launchers and Receivers (PLR) used for subsea pre-commissioning activities.
For this delivery, which follows two previous deliveries earlier this year, FES has supplied a range of 12” Subsea Pig Launchers/Receivers and Abandon & Recovery (A & R) Heads.
The equipment includes:
- 12” Abandon/Recovery Head
- 12” Horizontal Pig Launcher
- 12” Horizontal Pig Receiver
- 4? FES Subsea Male Hot Stab Connector
- 2” FES Subsea Male Hot Stab Connector
- 1” FES Subsea Male Hot Stab Connector
- 4” FES Subsea Pressure Blind Hot Stab Connector
- 2” FES Subsea Pressure Blind Hot Stab Connector
- 1” FES Subsea Pressure Blind Hot Stab Connector
- 4” FES Subsea Female Test Receptacle
- 1” FES Subsea Female Test Receptacle
- Magnetic pig signaller and deployment frame
- 2” FES Subsea Wafer Check Valve Assembly
- 4” FES Subsea Wafer Check Valve Assembly
Speaking of the delivery, Ben White, sales manager, said: “This particular batch presented us with a significant challenge due to the overall length of the PLR design which was extended to 12 meters in length by the client. We were able to rise to the challenge however, by changing the design to accommodate this while meeting the extremely tight delivery schedule.
“We are now well on our way to completing the final delivery, with the second part currently being manufactured.”
Rob Anderson, managing director of FES, said: “We often work with clients on projects where they require multiple deliveries of equipment at different stages throughout the project. Our clients trust that we are able to meet each delivery schedule every time.”
FES Subsea offers a full package service in design, project management, manufacture and test so that every Pig Launcher and Receiver (PLR) is tailor made to suit clients operational requirements.